31 December, 2009

The 20 lb. Challenge

I've noticed that Dustin and I are always comparing who has gained the most poundage since we've gotten married, and there is constant talk of losing weight and feeling great! We've started several weight loss programs over the past year and a half, but to no avail. Not that these programs don't work, we just have a hard time sticking with it. I find it hard to have self-discipline when I'm not seeing instant results.


Lately the pregnancy pounds that I'm still lugging around plus the added weight from the delicious holiday food is just getting me down. So we came up with "The 20 lb. Challenge"! (I'm not informing everyone of this so you can all watch me fail and add me to your List of Hopeless Causes. Hopefully, it will be more pressure on me to succeed.) And it's exactly what it sounds like. A challenge between me and the hubs to see who can lose 20 lbs the fastest. The first one to meet their goal weight gets a prize! Yeah! And I'm not talking about some dinky little thing you'd find in a cracker jack box. A REAL prize. I have chosen  . . . . drum roll please. . . . . a trip to anywhere I want (as long as it's within our means of course), and well Dustin is still deciding on his.

So, I hope you're all rooting for me :) Because so far I have lost a total of 6.5 lbs! Woot! DB's tally still remains at 0 lbs lost. He claims to be waiting until all of his Christmas candy is gone.

Stay tuned to track our progress and see who gets their PRIZE

2 comments:

  1. go lacy, go lacy, go lacy!! i'm secretly trying to lose 20 lbs too. i'll be rooting you on the ENTIRE time and you better record your progress or i'll be bummed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be trying to lose weight with you, that way we will have better success if we can help each other along, right? I have faith you will kill Dustin! I hope you win so you can go on a trip.. and I can go too:) JK.

    ReplyDelete