04 January, 2011

A sad start to the new year

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."  - Roger Caras

I had to post this, because I think that our dear sweet Alice deserves it. And the tears are streaming down my face as I type. Who would have thought that losing a pet would be so hard.
It's been 3 days and I still cannot hold back the tears when I let myself think of her absence.
In her excitement to accompany Dustin to feed cows, Alice ran out in front of his truck. . Dustin hit the brakes, but could feel the truck skidding down the road with Alice's paw caught underneath. Her front leg was so mangled that there was nothing we could have done, but put her to rest.
But silly me, I know that resting is the last thing that that girl is doing.
Up there in Doggy Heaven.

Dopey, we miss you more than you know!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry lace. I'm crying as I write this too. Love you so much

    ReplyDelete