24 December, 2010

Day 10

Day 10: How does the Lord want me to serve?

Read: Doctrine and Covenants 4
          Moroni 7:5-8

Ponder: Is the Lord first in my life?
            What am I doing to build the Lord's Kingdom?
            How do I really feel about the service that I give others?
            Does serving the Lord make me happy?

     Our highest priority as the Relief Society general presidency is to strengthen our sisters spiritually, both individually and collectively . . . [We] must pepare for our time because our time has come. We must possess the spiritual strength to overcome our challenges. Laying our faults on the altar and giving our lives to the Lord. We must focus our priorities on contributing, as we are able, to the building of the kindom of God through service in the Relief Society.
     As the Relief Society general presidency and board, we have established the guiding objectives for the Relief Society. They are:
  1. Build faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and teach the doctrines of the kingdom of God.
  2. Emphasize the divine worth of the individual.
  3. Serve, support, and build every sister.
  4. Strengthen and protect families, and honor our heritage.
  5. Exercise charity, and nurture those in need
  6. Become full participants in the blessings of the priesthood.
From "For Such a Time as This"
Mary Ellen Smoot
General Relief Society Meeting, 27 September 1997

     I feel to invite women everywhere to rise to the great potential within you. I do not ask that you rech beyond your capacity. I hope you will not nag yourselves with thoughts of failure. I hope you will no try to set goals far beyond your capacity to achieve. I hope you will simply do what you can do in the best way you know. If you do so, you will witness miracles come to pass.

President Gordon. B. Hinckley

No comments:

Post a Comment