21 July, 2010

Pocket Checking . . . Who does that?

You know, the whole ritual of checking all of the pockets in your clothing before putting them in the wash. Not me.
I don't carry things in my pockets, it just feels weird. So why check em'? Oh, because Dustin carries things in his. Duh.
He's actually gotten pretty good at checking his own pockets. He picks up where I lack. That's why our marriage is SO great.
Once in awhile he'll miss something, but don't worry I always find it. However it's usually after it's too late.
So what's the point of this post. I found something he missed.
A stick of gum. Yes, who knew a stick of gum could be so long lasting? (I'll find out the brand for ya). It's lining the inside of my dryer as well the load of clothes that just came out of it. Lovely.
So if anyone has any ideas on how to get (dried) gum out clothes and dryers. PLEASE tell me. And quick! before my husband gets home from work.
He used to be so patient about this issue when we first got married, but you'd think I would have caught on by now.

A quick list of things washed by me other than clothes:
  • Dustin's passport (you know, the one that he took on his mission to Poland that has had tons of really cool stamps from all over Europe. Ya. That one)
  • Dustin's wallet
  • An entire bag of sunflower seeds (who carries those in their pocket?)
  • Gum (However, it's never made it past the washer. Until now.)
  • Money
  • Receipts / Movie tickets
  • A bobby pin (which happened to get stuck in one of the little holes in the washer, putting little holes in all of our clothes once the washer hit the spin cycle.)

3 comments:

  1. I don't check pockets either! Haha I've washed a few things. But Jed and I have an understanding.... I do ALL the housework, so he gets to empty his pockets before I wash HIS clothes. :O) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. A razor blade works wonders!! Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gum is easier to get off it you rub an ice cube over it to freeze it and then use a butter knife to scrape it off. I washed and dried an entire pack of gum last year so your not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete